Friday, August 19, 2005

Chasing the rainbow?(Mengejar Pelangi)



It was my first real-in front eyes theatre ever; Mengejar Pelangi. It was conducted in Bahasa. The message was majorly on the morality within the society. There were few characters that I liked. The crazywoman (she was a politician before. become crazy probably because she thought too much), the drug addict=> Khairul (used to be a local rock entertainer), the mother (materialistic), the sister(also materialistic and stylo...konon la!)

The theatre started with the 2 drug addicts, then the wife, the mother and the sister, the two prostitutes, the 'ibu ayam' (don't know what is it called in English.anybody?) and lastly the crazywoman. It was an enjoyful theatre but I cannot say the best for it was my first one.

The laughable quote of the theatre:

1. When Khairul said to his other drug addict friend (saifuddin?):
"Mana boleh kongsi-kongsi jarum nanti kena AIDS la...."
"Ko aper tau...dadah ni bahaya tau..." (padahal masa tu tengah gian)

2. The mother: "Mak mana yang tak nak tengok anak dia hidup susah"... (I was quite confused myself at first.)

I am looking forward to watch another theatre if any. But the best part of the night was, my 'ehem' was also there. Atashi daisuki! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This summer is the first time i saw the end of rainbow...but neither i saw laprechaun's pot of gold nor jellabies making rainbow...

Anonymous said...

where do u think the end of the rainbow really lies? juz asking...=)